Located in the heart of the City of Harrisburg, Lourdeshouse is the only facility that provides specialized, comprehensive maternity care and residential services to indigent women in South Central Pennsylvania.
The 12-bedroom facility houses up to twelve adult residents at any given time. Our clients are typically single women who do not have any support from their families, women coming out prison or homeless women.
The program closely monitors the resident’s medical care and nutrition to ensure the healthy development of her child and the overall wellbeing of the mother. Women can stay at Lourdeshouse throughout the term of their pregnancy and up to six months after their babies are born. Mothers and infants can continue to receive support services until the babies reach 12 months of age.
- Intensive case management to address their barriers to self-sufficiency
- Childbirth education
- Parenting classes
- Hot, nutritious meals provided on-site
- Access to other Catholic Charities services such as free, licensed outpatient counseling and adoption services for those who are unable to care their babies
- Transportation to pre-natal care and post-delivery medical appointments
- Pantry items to people in the community who have a child twelve months old and under.
Services at Lourdeshouse are offered at no charge to the client.