Volunteer with Catholic Charities
Every hour you donate lets us give more to those in need. Volunteers help with office tasks, support special events, and help our clients learn new skills.
The value of volunteering works both ways. We stretch our budget, and you get the satisfaction of helping others, plus the knowledge that you’re making your community a better place.
There are many ways to help. Currently, we need volunteers for:
- Help with fundraising events such as the 5K Run/Walk, the Interfaith Shelter Golf Classic, the Highmark Walk for a Healthy Community, and our “Come and See” charity dinner
- One-time projects for our residential programs, such as the Interfaith Shelter for Homeless Families, Lourdeshouse Maternity Home and Evergreen House. Projects include landscaping, painting and general maintenance.
- Teaching special skills to our clients, such as sewing, quilting, scrap booking, arts & crafts, life skills, physical fitness or anything that can help our residents
- Sorting and organizing products or donations
- Help with mailings
- Volunteer Positions: Volunter Coordinator and Special Events Coordinator
If you have an idea for a specific volunteer project, let us know. If you are a student who needs ideas for a community service project, please give us a call.
To get started, or for more information, please contact: