York Intensive Family Services
Intensive Family Services teams help prevent out-of-home placements for children or youth at risk of abuse or neglect. If a child is already in foster placement, we can help the family bring the child home as soon as possible. The team provides supervised visitations, and helps adults practice parenting techniques, learn coping skills and confront family difficulties. Team members typically include a family therapist, a family advocate and a life skills instructor.
- Teaching and modeling healthy parenting skills
- Helping adult family members find employment
- Discussing nonviolent ways to resolve conflicts
- Guiding families in housing searches
- Counseling to address anger management
- Engaging all household members in family therapy
- Teaching family communication skills
- Helping with money management
- Educating family members about domestic violence
- Training families to maintain a safe and clean living environment
- Providing individual therapy for family members
- Offering information about the effects of drugs and alcohol
- Conducting evaluations after the conclusion of services
What is the cost?
Intensive family services are offered at no cost to the client.