Substance Abuse ServicesSupport This Program
For Women In Recovery
Evergreen House provides a safe, secure, nurturing environment for women recovering from addiction. Clients are referred by county drug and alcohol agencies throughout our region. This residential program helps clients achieve long-term recovery, find stable housing and learn job skills. The staff provides individual treatment, group therapy, family therapy and education. Other services include:
- Referrals to mental health and vocational rehabilitation services
- Transportation to 12-step meetings and other social service appointments
- Family visits designed to create positive support networks
Length of Program
Treatment lasts an average of 90 days. Length of stay depends on client need, individual progress and generally accepted treatment standards.
- Female, age 18 or older, able to understand English
- Willingness to complete the treatment program
- Motivation to maintain drug or alcohol abstinence and recovery
- Absence of severe medical or emotional conditions that would prevent successful completion of the program
- No long-term use of anti-psychotic medications or history of tardive dyskinesia (a muscular side effect of anti-psychotic drugs)
- No chronic history of violent crime
- DMS-IVTR diagnosis of chemical abuse/dependency by a licensed physician
- Meets PCPC criteria for in-patient treatment
Referrals for Evergreen House can be made by calling the office at 717-412-4594.
Safe and Supportive Homes for Women
Willow Way in Harrisburg and Crescent Way in Lancaster are the latest addition of services designed to cater to women in recovery. It is owned and operated by Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Harrisburg. Residents will either have a single room or share a bedroom, most equipped with their own bathrooms.
These homes do not provide formal or professional counseling, but offer in-house staff support to help connect residents to these kinds of services and other community resources, manage daily operations, reinforce accountability, and support family living.
Both houses are located in beautiful residential neighborhoods within walking distance to commercial areas and public transportation which is ideal for employment, shopping, and getting to support meetings.
Individuals interested in applying for acceptance into either Willow Way or Crescent Way must complete an application which can be found be clicking the link below. Completed applications can be faxed to Lydia Thomas, Program Director, at 717-972-0925.