Family-Based Mental Health ServicesSupport This Program
Family-Based Mental Health Services
We believe that children thrive in their own homes.
Our Family Based Mental Health Services (FBMHS) are designed to prevent hospitalization or out-of-home placement of children and adolescents with severe mental illness or emotional problems. We also help reunite families whose child has been placed outside of the home.
We see families as partners and resources in treatment. Intensive therapy and support can help. All children in the family with health needs are eligible.
- FBMHS team members deliver treatment to the family in their home, school or community
- Our goal is to transition the child to a local mental health provider
Families are referred by county agencies, managed care organizations, schools, physicians, psychiatrists, juvenile probation, residential care facilities and hospitals.
- Therapy – Individual, family and group therapy can help families improve communication, coping and parenting skills.
- Crisis Management – 24/7 crisis support for enrolled families
- Case Management – Support services are available to all family members, including referrals to community agencies.
- Family Support Services – A combination of formal counseling, recreational therapy and basic needs. The support is determined by the family and must fit their treatment plan.
What is the Cost?
Clients must have a mental health diagnosis. Catholic Charities will bill Medical Assistance or the family’s medical insurance carrier for covered services.
Who is Eligible?
Children and adolescents (ages 3-18) with a mental health diagnosis who are at risk for being placed outside the home because of mental health or behavioral problems are candidates for FBMHS. At least one parent must be willing to actively participate in the program.
Families in need of services should contact the nearest office for help with the referral process.
- York/Adams Family Based Program
Rebecca Jacoby, MS
6156 West Canal Road
Abbottstown, PA 17301